Play-asia Top pre-orders

Friday 29 July 2011

Tablets

Ever since tablets has been popularized by Apple, new models keeps appearing from different manufacturers to compete with iPad. In my view, the major contenders is basically Android OS vs iOS, now consumers spoilt for choice given the models that is currently available now. Windows tablet is not that common yet.

Every new release spots new hardware and faster processing speed, sharper screen etc. So I guess the EOL for current model is pretty fast. And now I am tempted to get a tablet with 3G + WiFi function and 7" screen will be more ideal for me. But overall, I still prefer Android tablet since the OS is always improving everytime.

After doing some research and hands on testing with the current available models, I narrowed down to Samsung tablets. I like its overall feel while testing the Galaxy tab (it has been released for almost a year). ASUS transformer seems to be pretty good too, but the 3G version will only be released later this year.

Currently, Galaxy tab 8.9" and 10.1" version is going to be released locally with the Android 3.0 OS and improved hardware. I shall see if is a major improvement over the current Galaxy tab before I decide, but deep down inside I wish they had released a improved 7" version instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment