Play-asia Top pre-orders

Monday 9 January 2012

Scythe Kaze Q fan controller

As you may had seen my previous post on me getting a some cooling stuff for my HTPC. It is a unboxing video. Inside it, it had some fans, filters and a fan controller. The controller is to help to control some of the important fans manually to help dispel the heat faster (especially my top fans). Since I felt that my case can get pretty warm when playing games. 

I chose Scythe Kaze Q because it is very basic (simple to use) and can control up to 4 fans which is enough for my case. It seems to be slightly cheaper than other brands of fan controller. Moreover, it only uses a 3.5" drive bay and pretty space saving. My casing is SFF case by the way and I chose black colour since my case is black too.

It has a nice aluminium brushed front panel. It should blends in well with my case. Four simple adjustment knob for speed. I do noticed that it doesn't have any clear markings on the turning knobs although it has "line indention" but can't be seen clearly by the naked eye.

To be more user friendly, It will be helpful if the all the knobs can be more clearly indicated by having a white line marking on the turning knobs "line indention". But overall, it is a nice and simple fan controller. It should serve me well. For more info, please check out their website here.

Also. there is a item named "slot rafter" by Scythe. It is basically a PCI slot plastic "card" that can hold 2 x 80mm fans and 4 2.5" HDD. For details, please check it out at its website here. It will be plugged directly beside my GPU to add more cooling power to it.

For my case, I cut away the support for the HDD otherwise I would not be able to mount it since my GPU cooler has already taken up 2 slots. And the PCI slot is located just beside it, but with 2 15mm thickness fans. It seems to eat into the card space for my last PCIx slot, so it will be difficult to add a soundcard or some add on card.

No comments:

Post a Comment