Play-asia Top pre-orders

Wednesday 2 November 2011

CPU Heatsink for impending HTPC build

For my coming PC replacement, I decided to build a HTPC which is capable of gaming. So I will be using a SFF (small form factor) casing, as I started to feel that for my current ATX board seems to have too much unused slots and the ATX size casing seems to be too big.

Maybe as I grow older, I prefer a smaller board that can do most of the things and a smaller case for space saving which is more practical in a sense. Now talking about CPU cooler, the Intel default heatsink seems to be pretty small and it cools well but I prefer something that is nicer and better heat dissipation.

And so my hunt for a HTPC CPU heatsink begins! I was looking through some CPU heatsink review and came across this nice little product from Scythe. I believe the height of the heatsink is one of lowest (4cm) among all the low profile heatsink products out there and it looks pretty nice too.

Below is the link of its specifications at its official website:


However, it is not easy to find Scythe over here although it has a distributor and price is slightly more expensive than getting it online. Therefore, I decided to get it online since this online shopping website was recommended by the forum users that I frequents. For those who are interested, the website is as below:


After visiting it, they do have a quite a variety of computer products and I managed to find the product I wanted. The shipping took slightly more than a week to reach my doorsteps for my case since it is in stock.

Unboxing video:



Also, in my soon to be HTPC post, will put a few pictures in comparing its height between the Intel default heatsink and Kozuti.

No comments:

Post a Comment